Ark Syndicate Management Limited (“We“or “Us”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (as amended; the “Act”), the data controller is Ark Syndicate Management Limited of 30 Fenchurch Avenue, London EC3M 5AD.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give Us. You may give Us information about you by corresponding with Us by telephone, e-mail or otherwise. The information you give Us may include your name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, financial and credit card information.
- Information We collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site We may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); items you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any telephone number used to call our enquiries telephone number.
- Information We receive from other sources. We work closely with third parties (including, for example, Lloyd’s of London and any entity with which We have entered into an agreement that involves the processing of personal data on our behalf and on our instructions (such as (but not limited to) business partners, insurance brokers, coverholders, sub-coverholders, third-party administrators, analytics providers and search information providers)) and may receive information about you from them.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We may use this information to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and Us, or you and one of our coverholders, and to provide you with the information and insurance products that you request from Us or our coverholders.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer; and
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to Us and information We collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information We receive).
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- family, associates and representatives of you;
- business partners, coverholders, third-party administrators and any other entity for the performance of any contract We enter into with them or you;
- debt collection, credit-reference and tracing agencies;
- healthcare organisations;
- professional advisers and consultants; and
- Ombudsman and regulatory authorities, which includes (but is not limited to) Lloyd’s of London, the Financial Conduct Authority, the Prudential Regulation Authority and the Information Commissioner’s Office.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that We sell or buy any business or assets, in which case We may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if Ark Syndicate Management Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its clients will be one of the transferred assets; and
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The data that We collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for Us or for one of our business partners. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, the processing of your payment details and the provision to Us of third-party administrative services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk.
You have the right to ask Us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if We intend to use your data for such purposes or if We intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information We hold about you.