How can you make a complaint
Ark is committed to providing the highest standards of service to its policyholders, but sometimes things can go wrong. In the event that you are not satisfied with the service you have received, you can get in touch by using your usual contact, normally a broker or representative. You may also reach us directly by using the e-mail email@example.com.
What should you do when making a complaint
So we can deal with your complaint effectively, it will be helpful if you will provide us with the following details in your e-mail:
- Your policy or certificate number (usually this can be found at the top of your policy documentation).
- If you cannot locate this, the contract or UMR (“unique market reference”) number, also in your policy documentation.
- The name of the person or group that purchased the policy. This may also be your employer or another group of which you are a member.
- The reason you are dissatisfied with and what you would like us to consider doing to make this right.
- Whether or not you have previously raised this matter with anyone else, such as your broker or the claims handler.
What we will do
Every complaint matters to Ark, and we appreciate that this is a disappointing experience for you, so we will deal with your complaint as quickly as possible. Occasionally, depending on the circumstances, it may take us a little longer to investigate your complaint, but we will always keep you informed. On every complaint we will:
- Initially respond to acknowledge that we have received your complaint.
- Once we have considered your complaint in detail, we may need to request some further information from you. Where this is the case, we will be clear on what we ask for and why.
- As soon as we have reached a decision, we will write to you to explain what that decision is and why.
- We will provide you with the complaint handler’s contact details, in case you wish to discuss that decision further.
What can you do if you remain dissatisfied
Your complaint is important to us and, whilst we aim to resolve all complaints satisfactorily, there are times when this does not happen. Should you remain dissatisfied with the response that you receive from us, you may, if you wish, refer your complaint to Lloyd’s. Should you be eligible to refer your complaint, we will provide you with further details of this at the time we write to you with our decision.
Lloyd’s will investigate the matter and provide a final response. Lloyd’s contact details are as follows:
Walter Burke Way
Ultimately, should you remain dissatisfied with Lloyd’s final response, you may, if eligible, refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS). The FOS is an independent service in the UK for settling disputes between consumers and businesses providing financial services.
The FOS’ contact details are as follows:
Financial Ombudsman Service
Telephone: 0800 023 4 567 Outside the UK – from abroad +44 20 7964 0500