Marine Hull, Cargo & Specie
The Ark Hull book has a broad geographic spread of shipowners’ fleets and shipping related risks covering both physical damage and third party liability.
- Cover is offered for the navigating risk, port risks, mortgagees interest, increased value and other related perils.
- The emphasis is on small to medium sized fleets, specialised craft and short sea vessels with a focus on owner operators and those owners that can demonstrate a high quality of risk management and loss prevention measures.
- The syndicate also offers cover for marinas, port property and equipment, marine war and the ship construction risks.
The Cargo account covers general goods moving by air, sea, road and rail.
Cover is also available for:
- Project Cargo including Delay in Start-up
- Satellite pre-launch
- Tows and cargoes carried by heavy lift vessel
- Bulk shipments of oil, petroleum products, metals, commodities
- Binding Authorities
- Facultative or Treaty Reinsurance
Ark’s experienced underwriters are able to deal with complex risks. The team have the ability to act as Leading Underwriter or Following Market and utilise both the Institute Clauses and bespoke wordings.
Ark is able to write business in most territories worldwide (subject to sanctions).
The Specie book of business consists of high value goods such as fine art, valuable documents, securities, jewellery and cash.
- Capacity for Fine Art, both static, in transit and on exhibition
- Commercial Fine Art or Private Collections
- Vault Risks (including jewellery and cash)
- Precious Metals in transit and in store
- Primary or Excess of Loss business